Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Which hardware shall i use to implement this SDR?

From: David Scaperoth
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Which hardware shall i use to implement this SDR?
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 11:52:53 -0500

On 3/1/07, bhargav b <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi!

I am a software radio enthusiast and am a beginner.I have started reading the code....but i want some guidance as how to proceed.

have you played with the examples in the GNU Radio trunk?  /gnuradio-examples/...
That's the best place to start, then, when you are comfortable there (flow graphs, sinks, sources)...then I would suggest getting some hardware.

Also,i want to know the complete hardware implementation...i.e... which boards i can use and where can i get?....i am ready to buy a board....

Go to www.ettus.com  GNU Radio already comes with the drivers for this board, and this is what the majority of GNU Radio posts are referencing when they talk about hardware (FPGA, USB2.0, etc.)

i am confused with this point .I want to implement it practically..please help me...! I have got a catalog of boards from PENTEK corp. too.Which board shall i use and how can i customize for a board i do use?(I actually want to implement it as a pure software radio with minimal hardware).

the USRP is the way to do it

Thanks in advance.....
Bhargav,
Graduate Design Engineer,