[Discuss-gnuradio] Beginners Guide to analyze USRP GSM data in MatLab

From: steve
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Beginners Guide to analyze USRP GSM data in MatLab
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 11:36:38 +0000

Hi,

3 weeks ago The GSM Scanner Project created a challenge to find as much
GSM data in 3 USRP data dumps as possible. The first price was a USRP +
daugtherboard. Tore won the challenge.

His results are now online:

http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Gsm#Beginners_Guide_to_GSM_in_MatLab

We also wrote a paper on how we extracted and analyzed the GSM bursts that
we received with the USRP.

http://www.segfault.net/gsm/The_Beginners_Guide_to_analyzing_GSM_data_in_MatLab.pdf

Our next step is to create gnuradio blocks.

I hope that this work is helpfull to others. We are hoping that this
will encourage newbies to USRP and Signal Processing to join
our project.

Your sincerly,

steve / GSMSP
http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Gsm