Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multi USRP on Single Computer

From: njm25
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multi USRP on Single Computer
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 17:51:34 -0500

Thanks for the reply.  I'm pretty new to GNU radio so I'm still not sure
exactly what I need to do (I don't know about the whole "which" constructor
thing).  All I've been able to do so far is run the examples and modify them as
needed (minor changes).  I don't need to know which board is which (sending and
receiving), just as long as 1 is sending and 1 is receiving.  I've looked at
the multi_usrp_rx_cfile.py example, and I understand that this example is for
synch-ing 2 boards to both receive, but I don't know if I can use some of the
same code for my purpose.  The code that looked interesting to me is:

# build the graph
        self.multi=usrp_multi.multi_source_align( fg=self,
master_serialno=options.master_serialno, decim=options.decim,
                                                  nchan=options.nchan )
        self.um=self.multi.get_master_usrp()
        self.us=self.multi.get_slave_usrp()

        dst_m=gr.file_sink (gr.sizeof_gr_complex, options.output_file_m)
        dst_s=gr.file_sink (gr.sizeof_gr_complex, options.output_file_s)
        if options.nsamples is None:
            self.connect((self.multi.get_master_source_c(),1),dst_m)
            self.connect((self.multi.get_slave_source_c(),1),dst_s)
        else:
            head_m = gr.head(gr.sizeof_gr_complex, int(options.nsamples))
            head_s = gr.head(gr.sizeof_gr_complex, int(options.nsamples))
            self.connect((self.multi.get_master_source_c(),1),head_m,dst_m)
            self.connect((self.multi.get_slave_source_c(),1),head_s,dst_s)

Can I use this portion of code and just make the small changes to make 1 a
source instead of a sink?  Also, the first line about the source_align... is
that for the synchronizing of the 2 boards (which I wouldn't need)?

Thanks for the help,
Nick