Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] IT++ overlap

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] IT++ overlap
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:54:01 -0700

Timothy Brown wrote:

> Just curious if there is any overlap between some of the work IT++ is
>  doing vs what is already in GNURadio:
>
> http://itpp.sourceforge.net/index.php?wiki=Features

There is overlap only in the sense that each project implements many
similar DSP algorithms.

> Can someone help me understand some of the differences in
> implementations and if there is any code sharing occurring?

The IT++ library, is just that, a (very) detailed toolbox of functions
one may link into an application.  GNU Radio is a combination of
algorithms and runtime for building software radios.

It is at least conceivable that one could write custom GNU Radio signal
processing blocks by wrapping some IT++ functions in GNU Radio "work
functions".  We do this, for example, with the external FFTW library.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC