Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Freq center auto adjust

From: David I. Emery
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Freq center auto adjust
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 17:16:33 -0400

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 10:45:14AM -0700, Johnathan Corgan wrote:

> This is typically call Automatic Frequency Control and shortened to AFC.
>
> Accomplishing AFC is modulation specific; in GNU Radio one typically
> builds a flow graph that incorporates AFC by using an appropriate
> phase-locked loop.

        Probably I am quibbling terribly, but mostly AFC implies
a frequency locked loop... usually used to correct the LO frequency
so a signal sits in the center of the passband.

        Sometimes the VCO (NCO) frequency offset of a PLL IS used
for this, but it doesn't have to be...

--
   Dave Emery N1PRE,  address@hidden  DIE Consulting, Weston, Mass 02493
'For Rent' sign still vainly flapping outside on the weed encrusted pole - in