[Discuss-gnuradio] window sizing issue

From: ematlis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] window sizing issue
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:15:24 -0400 (EDT)

Hi-

I've got an application with 3 plot windows and a control area in the bottom. Depending on the screen resolution, the control area on the bottom is "covered" by the lowest of the 3 plot windows. The applicatoin works fine at 1600x1200 but less well at 1440x900, and certainly at lower resolutions the control boxes are getting covered.

What can I do so that even at lower resolutions I can see the entire application? I've tried adjusting the middle numeric field (vbox.add(self.scope.win, 4, wx.EXPAND)) in the vbox.add entry from 4 to 0, which helps for 1440x900 but this doesn't work for all resolutions and I don't know what this value represents anyway. Is there a recommendation for making my application resolution-independent? I've attached the python-code. Any advice is appreciated!

thanks,
eric

Eric H. Matlis, Ph.D.
Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering Dept.
120 Hessert Center for Aerospace Research
University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, IN 46556-5684
Phone: (574) 631-6054
Fax:   (574) 631-8355