[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: installation error

From: Tarun Tiwari
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: installation error
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:48:39 -0500

hey everyone,

Hi Ziad,

Im using a ubuntu 6.10 ,ive tried compiling the gnuradio but when i tried
the configuring gnuradio but i got the error :
gr_block.cc:41: error: 'gr_io_signature_sptr' has not been declared
gr_block.cc:42: error: 'gr_io_signature_sptr' has not been declared
gr_block.cc: In constructor 'gr_block::gr_block(const std::string&, int,
int)':
gr_block.cc:44: error: class 'gr_block' does not have any field named
'd_input_signature'
gr_block.cc:45: error: class 'gr_block' does not have any field named
'd_output_signature'
gr_block.cc: In member function 'void gr_block::consume(int, int)':
gr_block.cc:112: error: 'd_detail' was not declared in this scope
gr_block.cc: In member function 'void gr_block::consume_each(int)':
gr_block.cc:118: error: 'd_detail' was not declared in this scope
make[4]: *** [gr_block.lo] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/home/ziad/Desktop/gnuradio-3.0.3/gnuradio-core/src/lib/runtime'
make[3]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/ziad/Desktop/gnuradio- 3.0.3/gnuradio-core/src/lib'
make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/ziad/Desktop/gnuradio-3.0.3/gnuradio-core/src'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ziad/Desktop/gnuradio- 3.0.3/gnuradio-core'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

I believe dependencies for gnuradio are not configured properly and you are doing make. well, before doing make you need to be sure about the dependencies of GNURadio. You can do that by following commands:

$ script config.check
$ ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode
$ exit

this way you will generate a file called script.config in the same directory of ./configure file. Open the file and then at the end you will find what blocks could be installed and what not. Remember following blocks are must for gnuradio to work:

1) gr-core
2) gr-usrp
3) gr-wxgui
4) gr-alsa
5) usrp

If these blocks can be installed then I dont think you will be in trouble, well its better to install all the possible blocks. Say if blosk gr-xxx is under Not-Install category, you search for xxx in the file and then you can find the reason why is that block not being installed. Well, you will find the dependency there (say it yyy), and then try installing the packages from repository byt using following command:

$ yum install yyy

if this does not work then try

$ yum install yyy*

and even this does not work then try

$ yum install *yyy*
and if this also does not work then you need to find the source code of yyy and install from that. It may happen that you need other dependent components for yyy while using source code, again you can use the script saving technique and try to install that dependency using repository (or source).

Can some1 help

I hope this may help you, even you are unable to do so, its better you send the file called config.check and then we can be in better situation to help you further.

thanks for your time

welcome

ziad

Tarun