[Discuss-gnuradio] PS3 and dial_tone

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] PS3 and dial_tone
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 23:28:02 -0400

With help from Jonathan Corgan (getting a file fixed), I was able to make the executable

gnuradio-example/c++/dial_done/dial_tone on the PS3 under Yellow Dog Linux.

It failed setting the access mask and that was when I realize that the PS3 has one of these monster devices with all of these strange outputs so I added the argument plughw:0,0 to the sink make request.

It worked perfectly. This is a simple example, but it does exercise a healthy bunch of the core. We need to get the usrp brought into the c++ world as right now it can be connected to a processing graph primarily (only ?) with python.

Bob

"Taking fun as simply fun and earnestness in earnest shows
how thoroughly thou none of the two discernest." - Piet Hine