Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GPS on DBSRX

From: Peter Monta
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GPS on DBSRX
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 11:26:29 -0700

Question: Has anyone successfully acquired a GPS signal using the DBSRX daughterboard?

Yes, several on this list have done so.

  Is so, what kind of gain did you place before the board?

External to the dbs_rx I have an active patch antenna---its data
sheet says 27 dB gain, 1.5 dB noise figure.  There's also an
amplifier on the dbs_rx prior to the receiver chip, so the system
noise figure of the USRP itself should not be a problem.

Did you see my other email from April 4?  I think it went out
to the list.

Cheers,
Peter Monta