Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] max capacity per USB channel

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] max capacity per USB channel
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 16:24:23 -0400

Eric Blossom wrote:
Uhh, 30 requests of .5 is only 15MB/s, so there would be no problem
with additional requests up to an additional 17MB/s.  The tx and rx
channels are allocated indepently of each other, though all capacity
requests are changed against the same pool.

Right, it was part of the example.

Based on your response... I think we have a problem with our interface.

cmd_allocate_channel(invocation_handle, channel, capacity_reservation)
cmd_deallocate_channel(invocation_handle, channel)

Regardless of whether we return a channel to the user, or the user specifies a desired channel...

How does cmd_deallocate_channel() know how much to de-allocate? If these are hardware channels we are talking about (currently 2 in hardware), and I now want to deallocate my channel and i say cmd_deallocate_channel(blah, 1) ... I am going to deallocate all of channel 1 which is incorrect. The capacity I reserved should be deallocated.

So then is it required for the requester to keep track of how much they requested to pass to our deallocation method?

- George