Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using gr-wxgui

From: Martin Dvh
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using gr-wxgui
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 23:19:33 +0200

Melody S wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to use the gr-wxgui  but when I run the commands
> %pythonw scopesink.py
> %pythonw fftsink.py
> %pythonw waterfallsink.py
>
> I get the following errors
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "scopesink.py", line 23, in ?
>    from gnuradio import gr, gru, eng_notation
> ImportError: No module named gnuradio
>

> But I already have installed the gnuradio and all the Makefile ,
> Makefile.am,
> Makefile.in have been built, so I have the gnuradio module but it says that
> I don't.

How exactly did you configure and build.
Did you also install it.
sudo make install

Check:
http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/BuildGuide

If you build and installed gnuradio correctly then there should by a gnuradio
directory with gnuradio files in your python site-packages directory.
On my system (debian sarge) this is:
/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gnuradio/

You might need add the site-packegs dir to the PYTHONPATH environment variable.
(On my system this is not needed, since gnuradio is installed in the default
python site-packeges location)

Greetings,
Martin