Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GPS on DBSRX

From: Trond Danielsen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GPS on DBSRX
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 23:42:29 +0200

2007/5/23, Trond Danielsen <address@hidden>:
2007/5/23, Ben Loftin <address@hidden>:
> Chris,
>
> I have successfully done coarse acquisition using the correlator developed
> here,
>
> https://projects.cecs.pdx.edu/~icarroll/SoftwareGPSCorrelator/index.cgi/wiki
>
> A plot of the 'acquisition' is here
>
> http://64.6.242.226/grblog/uploaded_images/sat_18-714418.png
>
> for satellite PRN 18 with a code offset of 1988 as shown by the 'spike'.  The
> gain for the dbsrx was 86 dB while using an active external antenna to get 28
> dB more of gain.  More details on my blog,
>
> http://64.6.242.226/grblog/grblog.html
>
> Not sure if I will have a link to the sample data because it is almost 2 GB
> compressed, yikes!  If you know how to break up the data let me know and I
will
> upload just the begininning of the file, since it is just over a minute of
> data.

If anyone is interested, I have a complete coarse acquisition module
written for GNU Radio. The source code is available from
http://code.google.com/p/opengnss/.

I forgot to mention that you need some additional block for GNU Radio
that is not available in the stock distribution. Patches have been
sent to Eric Blossom, but do not think they have been included yet.

Regards,
--
Trond Danielsen