Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] spectrum analyzer

From: Trond Danielsen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] spectrum analyzer
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 19:13:23 +0200

2007/6/13, Abram Young <address@hidden>:
Hi,

I'm a recent gnuradio/python user (newbie) and have played with the python
pieces and USRP as far as time will allow for now.  I can write my own
program to record A/D streams to disk, but that's about it.  I'm using
Octave to read in and plot the streams then.

I'd like to either modify the usrp_fft.py code, or add the fft_sink call
to my own .py (preferred) and output to stdout.  Specifically, I need to
access the data from fft_sink to find the maximum, and output it's
frequency/value.  How do I do this?

You can either use the gr.max_xx or gr.argmax_xi blocks that are
available in trunk to get the maximum value or the argument of the
maximum value from the FFT.

Or you can just sink the signal to a vector sink, and process the
recorded signal with numpy/scipy or octave/matlab if that is your cup
of tea.

--
Trond Danielsen