[Discuss-gnuradio] several beginner questions (mostly about the fpga)

From: micael magpayo
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] several beginner questions (mostly about the fpga)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 16:30:58 +0800

Hello GNURadio community,
I'm really interested in the GNURadio project and I want to have a better understanding of the FPGA code (usrp_std.v etc...). I've been trying to learn it on my own but some parts are hard to understand when all you have is the source code. So here I am and here are my questions.

- What are the following signals for? (in rx_chain.v)
   -sample_strobe.v
   -decimator_strobe.v
   -hb_strobe.v
   -serial_addr,serial_data,serial_strobe
   -debugdata,debugctrl

-How many clock cycles does it take the cordic module to output valid data and why is the cordic algorithm implemented (in cordic.v) fixed at 12 iterations?

Sorry if my questions have already been asked or if they are easy to answer. If someone can point me to right direction, I would gladly learn it by myself. So far I've only read the source code. Are there any other sources that can answer my questions?

Thank you very much for your time and any reply will be appreciated.