[Discuss-gnuradio] FPGA in USRP

From: S Mande
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] FPGA in USRP
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:21:11 -0700

Hi All,

I have worked with VHDL for 3 years and would want to make use my knowledge to do some research in Software defined Radio.

I have a very different problem from most of the other postings. I am actually looking for a 'problem'.

For the past one month I have been Googling to see the research problems/constraints of USRP's. There were many different implementation ideas (of software defined radio's)on the web. But, most of these ideas are in general (.i.e. different ways to implement software defined radio) and not related to implementation on USRP. I was looking for research topics related to USRP. --> But, I didn't find a specific answer as to how FPGA's power could be harnessed to make USRP a more powerful tool. <--

I request you members to give your inputs as to what you would want to do with the existing Altera's Cyclone FPGA on USRP, to make USRP a more powerful tool!

I am extremely sorry if you think that this email is in an inappropriate place. I believe that I can get much solid & better idea's from what people would want out of their USRP's by posting to this forum.

Thank you !

S.S. Mande