Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help on editing a usrp1_source_c.cc file

From: Meenaktchi Venkatachalam
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help on editing a usrp1_source_c.cc file
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 13:39:41 -0700

Thanks Tarun, this helped.

Is there anyway to do the opposite? I have 16-bit I and Q data, I would like to send this data to USRP and transmit

Thanks
Meenaktchi

On 6/21/07, Tarun Tiwari <address@hidden> wrote:

On 6/21/07, Meenaktchi Venkatachalam < address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

In the '../gr-usrp/src/usrp1_source_c.cc' file there is a function
'copy_from_usrp_buffer'. I would like to analyze the complex signal
converted from 16-bit interleaved I and Q signal.

You can try  ../gnuradio-examples/python/usrp/usrp_rx_cfile.py for this purpose.

I have changed the 'usrp1_source_c.cc' file to open a file using
fstream class and copy the complex signal onto this file. I have
implemented this in the function 'copy_from_buffer'. I built GNU
radio software again after the changes. I assumed this would work.
But it is not. I am sure to be missing something. Debug prints say
that this file is not being opened while this file can be opened by
any other C++ program that is not part of GNU software.

Or is there anything that I have to change in .i file as well?

IT depends, how would you like to call your object from Python. As long as you dont need to call it from Python, change in .i-file is not required. So far, its not clear whether you are controlling your file from outside/Python or its part of general_work function.

PS: Next time you update your gnuradio from svn, possibly the changed file will be replaced.

Thanks for any and all help.

Meenaktchi Venkatachalam

~Tarun