Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with udp-sink/source over a network

From: Dev Ramudit
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with udp-sink/source over a network
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 10:50:46 -0400

Tom Rondeau wrote:
Dev Ramudit wrote:
Johnathan Corgan wrote:
Dev Ramudit wrote:

socket connect: Invalid argument
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
 what():  can't connect to socket
Aborted
You must have the remote listener already running before running the
sender script.

I've got the remote listener running (I've tested this over the course
of 4-5 hours, with every configuration I can think of). Nmapping the
computers shows that the port is being opened when I run the listener,
running the source application locally also works fine, but remotely I
always receive the above error. I've tried all combinations of
"localhost" and the public IP that I can think of, with no luck. I'm
going to try to write out everything in C++ and figure out why the
error to the connect() call is being thrown. If anyone has any other
suggestions, please let me know.

What port are you trying to use? Have you tried to run your scripts
between machines on the same network (that is, same subnet; not through
a router or anything)?

Tom