Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] precise transmit scheduling: GNUradio state-of-th

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] precise transmit scheduling: GNUradio state-of-the-art?
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 08:52:32 -0700

George Nychis wrote:

> The m-block is the place to start, as it is completely motivated by
> what you want to accomplish.  The BBN document, which I think you've
> found, details everything about the m-block which Eric has stuck
> pretty much exactly to.  The m-block is completely useable, as I've
> been using it for the past couple of months now.  I think it is
> supposed to be released in 3.1.  Eric has merged it in to the trunk.

[...]

> So in summary, we're close... we're very close.  But it's not
> complete. I would think by the beginning of August we will have
> something working pretty nicely.

The basic mblock code will indeed be in release 3.1.  However, as you
mention, the modified USRP code to take advantage of it will not be
ready. Other 'convenience' code to pass data back and forth between
gr_blocks and mblocks will not be complete either.  So it will be useful
for experimentation to learn how mblocks function, but not suitable for
use with the USRP until 3.2 release.

Of course, all the code is available in the development trunk for anyone
to use (once it gets merged from the developer branches.)

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC