Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PS3 and gnuradio

From: Bob McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PS3 and gnuradio
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:46:05 -0400

Eric might still be on vacation in South America or Europe!

Eric is running triple boot, FC5, FC6, and YDL. I run FC6 and GnuRadio compiles just fine but does not run. I have asked here if there is ANYONE who has GnuRadio compiling and running on ANY kind of power PC running FC6 and received no answer.

Work on porting relevant routines from GnuRadio to the PS3 is being supported by contract. I am expecting that work to begin in earnest this month. The bureaucrats are in the way of rapid progress but we now it will happen.

Bob

Clark Pope wrote:
Well after the $100 price drop I couldn't resist so I have my 60 GB PS3 now. Bought a used package so probably only be ~$350 out of pocket after I sell off the games. Probably half what a stand alone bluray player will cost you.

Didn't realize it was designed to host an extra OS. I thought people were hacking it to get Linux on. Turns out you can have Linux AND all the existing video game console functionality.

Anyway, you're saying the way to go is FC6 and not YDL, right? Maybe Eric can confirm he plans to use FC6?

Thanks,
Clark

--
Robert W. McGwier, Ph.D.