Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] a problem about antenna

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] a problem about antenna
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 18:18:45 -0400

On 7/19/07, Dong Li <address@hidden> wrote:
We've checked the interface of USRP, its SMA Female, and nearly all
the antenna's interface for wireless which are sold in Fry's
Electronics is SMA Reverse Plug. So I guess a adapter from SMA Male to
SMA Reverse Jack will connector the USRP's RF end to an antenna.
Is anyone has any idea of the antenna, or where we could get such
adapter or some
link of website where we could buy antenna suitable for BasixRx/Tx
daughter board?

SMA Adapters:
   http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/parts/smadapt.html

That should provide most any connector you might want to throw at the thing.

I might as well take the time to add that if you want to cable
directly between USRPs you should use an attenuator, and it might be
worth while to get some kind of combining circuit if you wanted to do
spectrum analysis as well.

Most of the attenuators and combiners I've used come from here:
   http://www.microlab.fxr.com/standard.htm

I have to admit I don't know their pricing, but they are very high
quality from my experience.

Brian