[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: .wav file fm tx

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: .wav file fm tx
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 17:40:09 +0200

Max Moser schrieb:
well i managed to edit the files to rx my frequencies and file_sink it to a file and use tx to resend it. But the resulting signal looks to "soft/analog" so my keyboard receiver does not correctly interpret the signal. Is there a way of reading from a wav file and fm_tx it? Or is there a converter from .wav to raw float format that gnuradio wants?

Hello Max!

Do you have a special reason for using .wav files? The native format of GNU Radio is single precision complex float interleaved, which is what usrp_rx_cfile.py dumps to file.

You can modify the receive script to make it transmit it a given file. Of course you are allowed to send at your given frequency with your given power, are you (radio amateur?)...

You have not told us anything about your very parameters:
* frontend to the USRP
* antenna
* frequency
* bandwidth
* what you did to get where and what did not work (in detail and with motivation)

If I was a radio keyboard manufacturer I'd ensure that two keyboards in the same room don't interfere (some access code, different frequencies or logical channel to be established between keyboard and base station) and I'd add some measures to prevent other stations to listen to or replay the communication.
I'd expect some difficulties with a simple replay "attack".

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at tugraz dot at>