Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Hier-Block2: Infinite streams (in/out)

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Hier-Block2: Infinite streams (in/out)
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 08:52:24 -0700

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 12:52:02PM +0200, Dominik Auras wrote:
> Hi!
>
> If I were to have an hier-block2 with an infinite number of input and/or
> output streams:
>
> gr.hier_block2.__init__(self, "vma",
>   gr.io_signature(1,-1,gr.sizeof_gr_complex*subcarriers),
>   gr.io_signature(1,1,gr.sizeof_gr_complex*subcarriers))
> # max streams = -1
>
> How would I connect inner basic blocks to my input ports?
> E.g. let's assume the simplest case, where I like to connect all input
> streams to a basic block that also supports an infinite stream number.
>
> Maybe I don't see the obvious solution. If so, please point me in the right
> direction.
>
> Greetings
> Dominik

I'm not sure if hier_block2's implement a 'check_topology' method, but
if they did, I think you could handle it there.  That is,
check_topology would tell you how many ins and outs were connected,
then you'd be able to use that info to issue the appropriate connects.

Johnathan, any thoughts about this?

This seems like a totally reasonable thing to want to do.

Eric