Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] frequency ranges for basic tx/rx d'boards

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] frequency ranges for basic tx/rx d'boards
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:43:13 -0400

On 8/23/07, George Nychis <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm slightly confused.  I'm trying to find an antenna to use with the
> basic TX/RX boards to transmit and receive over the air.  What frequency
> ranges do the basic TX/RX boards do?  After checking the wiki, it just
> says "baseband."  Doing some research, I think it means a band of
> frequencies starting at 0 to the highest frequency.  Up until now I've
> just been using coax, so it hasn't really been relevant.  So what's the
> highest so I can determine what antennas to purchase.

Apparently when I put that page together I never noticed the description here:
    http://www.ettus.com/downloads/miscdboards_v3b.pdf

Which states the Basic series of cards are 1MHz - 250MHz (not baseband
due to the transformer coupling).

I've updated the wiki pages to state the correct frequency range and
description.

Brian