[Discuss-gnuradio] GRC runtime crash

From: Ed Criscuolo
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC runtime crash
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:46:01 -0400

While using the GNU Radio Companion, I've been getting frequent crashes.
They always occur after terminating a flowgraph that has been run from
within GRC.  After terminating the fg, there is a few second pause, and
then GRC quits.  The error output on the cli where GRC was launched is:

/Users/edwardc/Work/gnu_radio/grc_0.65/src/ActionHandler.py:63: GtkWarning: Invalid text buffer iterator: either the iterator is uninitialized, or the characters/pixbufs/widgets in the buffer have been modified since the iterator was created. You must use marks, character numbers, or line numbers to preserve a position across buffer modifications.
You can apply tags and insert marks without invalidating your iterators,
but any mutation that affects 'indexable' buffer contents (contents that can be referred to by character offset)
will invalidate all outstanding iterators
  gtk.main()
Bus error

It doesn't happen every time, maybe 20% of the time.
Has anybody else been seeing this?

I'm running on an Intel MacBook Pro with the following:
  OSX 10.4.10
  GNU Radio 3.0.3
  GRC 0.65
  Python 2.4.3_1