Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with sinc pulse transmission using RFX240

From: S. Faisal A. Shah
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with sinc pulse transmission using RFX2400
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:53:12 -0500

> You need to generate analytic signals, which means they have both I and
> Q components.  This has nothing to do with the RFX2400 and everything to
> do with the fact that the USRP uses IQ signals.  This in no way a
> limitation on the capabilities, you just need to understand analytic
> signals.  There are many DSP books which cover the concepts, and if you
> look back through the list archives you will find a couple of long
> expositions by me on what IQ signals are.

Thanks for the help. I will convert my real signal to the analytic
signal that has one-sided frequency content. The signal I would like
to transmit is a baseband sinc pulse. Meaning its frequency content is
centered around DC. Please correct me if I am wrong here. To convert
this to analytic, I need to multiply it by exp(-jwt). I believe this
is enough to convert this to analytic signal. I know for a passband
signal I can use hilbert transform to generate analytic signal.

I will try this first before exploring the use of PLL as suggested by Johnathan.

Thanks,

Faisal