Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LFRX Gain settings

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LFRX Gain settings
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 08:14:57 -0700

Ed Criscuolo wrote:

> Anyone know what the allowable gain settings are when using the USRP
> with the LFRX daughterboard?  I believe I read somewhere that 20 is
> the default and units are dB, but what are the min/recommended/max
> values? I tried digging them out of usrp1_source_c.cc,
> usrp1_source_base.cc, and usrp_standard.cc (all from rel 3.0.3) but
> had no luck.

The allowable gain range for the LFRX is 0 to 20.

The LFRX board has no inherent gain itself; what you are actually
adjusting is the programmable gain amplifier at the input to the
motherboard AD9862 ADC.  You are setting the ADC full-scale value to 2V
p-p when gain is set to 0, and at 0.2V p-p when gain is set to 20.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC