Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM GRC block attempt

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM GRC block attempt
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 20:21:45 -0400

I reimplemented the packet modulator/demodulator in GRC, and updated the packet_mod_demod.grc.xml example. The packet modulator can be used interchangeably with the gmsk, psk, and qam modulators (same for demod).

See PacketModHelper and PacketDemodHelper in http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/grc/trunk/src/SignalBlockDefs/Packet.py

Here is a screen shot of the example that may help explain what I was talking about, and why: http://www.joshknows.com/tmp/packet_mod_demod.grc.xml.png

----

I suppose that until m-blocks come around, these packet blocks in grc are the only way a user can actually use a gmsk, psk, or qam de/modulator.

----

I will add the ofdm mod/demod, once its hier2 version is merged. The ofdm modulator will be implemented in a similar manner: GRC will have a ofdm wrapper block that reads from a message source and calls ofdm_mod.send_pkt. (I do this so that the output of any block in grc can be used with the ofdm_mod block). Again: similar story with ofdm demod.

-Josh