Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Packet mod/demod race condition?

From: Steven Clark
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Packet mod/demod race condition?
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 12:16:51 -0400

Tom & John-

Thanks for your comments. I checked out rev 6473 today, it installed fine under Ubuntu. I'm still seeing mostly the same behavior. With that 1 second sleep present, the file is always completely transferred with no errors. With the sleep commented out, 90-95% of the file is transferred, then I usually get one of a variety of errors. Sometimes I get:

Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method _queue_watcher_thread.__bootstrap of <_queue_watcher_thread(Thread-1, stopped daemon)>>
Error in sys.excepthook:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/apport_python_hook.py", line 30, in apport_excepthook
    import apport.report, apport.fileutils
ImportError: No module named apport.report

Original exception was:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "threading.py", line 473, in __bootstrap
  File "traceback.py", line 236, in format_exc
  File "traceback.py", line 142, in format_exception
  File "traceback.py", line 76, in format_tb
  File "traceback.py", line 101, in extract_tb
  File "linecache.py", line 14, in getline
  File "linecache.py", line 40, in getlines
  File "linecache.py", line 109, in updatecache
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

Sometimes, I get:

Exception in thread Thread-1 (most likely raised during interpreter shutdown):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "threading.py", line 460, in __bootstrap
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/blks2impl/pkt.py", line 162, in run
<type ' exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'unmake_packet'
Unhandled exception in thread started by
Error in sys.excepthook:

Original exception was:

And sometimes I get no error at all, python exits gracefully, but the file is still incomplete.

I have no problem with leaving this sleep in, I just thought this might be indicative of something that needs to be looked at.

Tom- good to hear from you again. Hope school is going well.

-Steven

On 9/18/07, Johnathan Corgan < address@hidden> wrote:
Steven Clark wrote:

> Pardon the bump...anyone have any ideas?

There will be a major trunk update today for the blks2 and hier_block2
code.  Please try after this and see if anything has changed.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC