Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with tx path in bbn code

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with tx path in bbn code
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:43:36 -0400

DiX <address@hidden> writes:

>      Is there anyone using bbn 802.11 codes?
>
>      I find the tx path cannot output anything to the usrp board. I connect
> the packet_transmitter to a file sink by adding two lines in
> bbn_80211b_transmit_path.py
> "
>       self.fsink=gr.file_sink(gr.sizeof_gr_complex, "Tx.dat")
>         fg.connect(self.packet_transmitter, self.fsink)
> "
>
>       The file records nothing! What's the problem with the bbn 80211
> transmitter? Is there anything wrong with the message queue used in the
> bbn_802b_pkt.py?

We used the receiver much more.  Beware that the default flags don't use
the barker code (because it's so cpu intensive), and that you'll have to
turn that on if you want to try to interoperate.

How are you injecting packets into the transmitter?  We had this set up
to use a pseudointerface to get packets to/from the kernel from the
802.11 code.  If you don't send it packets it won't send anything.