Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] benchmark_* not working correctly

From: Dev Ramudit
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] benchmark_* not working correctly
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 11:06:05 -0400

Running benchmark_loopback.py with gmsk (-m gmsk) seems to work correctly for all my systems. Unfortunately, the same doesn't seem to be true of the benchmark_rx and benchmark_tx, which use gmsk by default. Changing them to any of the other modulation options didn't yield any results either.

Good luck. I'll continue to try to figure out what's going wrong as well.

Tim Meehan wrote:
I have some additional hints.

When I run with 2 samples per symbol (the default)
./benchmark_loopback.py  -s 20 -M 0.004 -S 2
ok = False  pktno =   19  n_rcvd =    1  n_right =    0
ok = False  pktno =    7  n_rcvd =    2  n_right =    0
ok = False  pktno =  180  n_rcvd =    3  n_right =    0

Consistent with Dev

When I run with 4 samples per symbol
./benchmark_loopback.py  -s 20 -M 0.004 -S 4
ok = False  pktno =    2  n_rcvd =    1  n_right =    0
ok =  True  pktno =    3  n_rcvd =    2  n_right =    1
ok = False  pktno =    6  n_rcvd =    3  n_right =    1

So it is still broken but seems to perform "better" with 4 samples per
symbol.  I have spent some time looking through all of the blocks and
looking through the .dat files with logging turned on.  The data data looks
OK up until gr_mpsk_receiver_cc.  I spent a good amount of time looking
through this file but I suspect the problem lies elsewhere because this file
does not seem to have changed other than comments since rev 5873

I will keep looking

Tim