[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP bandwidth and FIFOs

From: Andrey A
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP bandwidth and FIFOs
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 10:07:48 +0400

Hello!

I have two questions about USRP:

1. It is stated on
http://www.comsec.com/wiki?UniversalSoftwareRadioPeripheral that USRP
can sustain 32 megabytes per second over USB2.0.
I'm about to build MIMO 2 antenna transmitter. As I and Q each occupy
16 bits, for two-antenna sample it will require (16*2) * 2 = 64 bits
or 8 bytes. As a result I can get 32 / 8 = 4 mega samples per second
and from Nyquist theorem only 2 MHz wide signals could be transmitted.

Please advise whether my reasonings are right.

2. What are the TX and RX FIFO buffers' sizes on the board?

Thanks in advance.