Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ps3 performance

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ps3 performance
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 01:16:25 -0400

This and other questions. You are not doing something right. Just using the spe's for fft's we will see a huge speed up in gnuradio. I can run filter, NCO, baud clock and carrier recovery, and equalizer on the cell on 40 Mbaud signals. Trying getting that out of a (Intel) cola nut.

We can't support that data rate into the ps3 but I can into the cell servers at work. The PS3 will run like crap if you are running a windowing environment, even one of the lightweight ones because of small memory. That said, we are going to be able to really increase our signal processing throughput by selective use of the SPE's and decent planning our use.

Bob