[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with std.ihx

From: Martin Gawecki
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with std.ihx
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 22:31:14 -0800

Hello,

I'm new to the GNURadio experience, so I'm just trying to get some of the basic tests to work and I've run into a problem while trying to execute the tests suggested at the bottom of the Ubuntu installation page. One of the tests is to go into usrp/hosts/apps and run the test_usrp_standard_tx/rx programs. When I try to invoke these, I get an error message:

Can't find firmware: std.ihx
die: lt-test_usrp_standard_tx: usrp_standard_tx::make

I've checked out the stable 3.1.x version and I was able to find std.ihx i usrp/firmware/src/usrp2, so I'm a bit puzzled as to what I should to do fix this. I've tried to look through previous messages about this, but can't seem to find an answer, so I apoligize if this was already addressed somewhere.

Also, I'm running Linux 7.04 on an Intel Celeron 2.0 processor, so I'm not sure if this has any bearing on the issue. When I invoke "uname", the kernel does not recognize the processor type or the hardware platform.

Finally, one last question - does the installation process described on the Ubuntu page (http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/UbuntuInstall) work for 7.10? I wasn't quite sure, so I went with 7.04, but I'm curious for future reference.

Thanks,
Martin Gawecki