Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RE: Finished Unofficial Gnuradio User Manual

From: Firas Abbas
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RE: Finished Unofficial Gnuradio User Manual
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 09:57:45 -0800 (PST)

>Firas:
>
>We need a tracking mechanism and way to submit corrections, additions,
>upgrades as a community and to track "who did what to whom".

After I finish what I'm planing to do, I will try to look/investigate for such tracking mechanism and if necessary, build a new documentation tool (like the doxygen) especially dedicated for gnuradio. In the mean time, we had to finish something in order to move away from square one and step into square two.

>You have done a fantastic job of starting this but we need to already plan while
>the "Arnold Dumey microsecond" has not passed for AF (After Firas) and
>wouldn't it be better to do it WF (with Firas). Having done this kind
>of thing on other projects, I started off well and when I began to tire
>of the drudgery and repetitive parts of this, the effort inevitably
>faltered. I feel this is too important to fail to prevent the
>consequences of the inevitable "moving on" to other newer and more
>interesting things than doing a manual. It is clear that you are smart,
>intelligent, well informed, and capable of moving on. To me that makes
>in inevitable. Why aren't we doing this (officially) as part of our
>wiki? Are the wiki controls/tools too lightweight for this level of
>effort? If the answer is "no they are adequate" or "they can easily be
>made adequate", then the gnuradio wiki is the obvious (and IMHO) correct
>place for this.

To make people appreciate/participate in your work, they have to understand what your doing. Since the gnuradio is something fantastic, this means, that we have no option to be tired of doing the drudgery and repetitive parts of the documentation.

>Again, please accept my sincerest gratitude for doing what should have
>been done ages ago and wasn't.
>
>Bob

Thank you, for you too Bob.

Regards,