[Discuss-gnuradio] Routing and Placing and Clock for FPGA !

From: Ronald Jetli
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Routing and Placing and Clock for FPGA !
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 20:30:58 -0500

Hi,

Needed to confirm a few things:

1) Is the global clock frequency for USRP 64Mhz ?

2) Do we use this global clock frequency for FPGA on the USRP and not the FPGA's clock ? Because, I think the EP1C12Q240C8 FPGA runs at much higher clock speeds. So, we are using
global clock to achieve synchronisation.

3) Also, is the automatic route and place tools provided by the Quartus software, being used for FPGA  ? While compiling, I see that automatic place and routing is happening. But still wanted to confirm if that is true or is it being manually configured (for already compiled rbfs) to achieve higher efficiency.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Jetli.