Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Writing SIMD code with sse

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Writing SIMD code with sse
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:06:53 -0800

Rohit Garg wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for these informative answers.

I believe those are 1-to-1 with the actual machine instructions.

This exactly is my point. Is there a simd math library which exports
vectorized functions like sin/sos/exp/log for real or complex numbers.
I mean for those not wanting to program at the assembly level like IBM
has one for it's cell's spe's. I am sure Intel's IPP and AMD'd AKML
provide these (I haven't checked) but they obviously can't be used
here.

The following might be good starting points:

http://simdx86.sourceforge.net/
http://liboil.freedesktop.org/wiki/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libdsp/
http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&type_of_search=soft&words=simd
http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&type_of_search=soft&words=sse
http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=simd&section=projects&Go.x=0&Go.y=0
http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=sse&section=projects&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

I remember seeing others in the past, but can't find them now.

Matt