[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP benchmark error

From: Ahmet Hasim Gokceoglu
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP benchmark error
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 16:38:40 +0200

Hi,

I have recently downloaded the gnu radio software (release 3.1.1) and got the USRP. I made the dial_tone example work but I have some problems with the usage of USRP. I tried to do the example usrp_benchmark_usb.py but I got the error:

Testing 2MB/sec... usb_control_msg failed: error sending control message: Connection timed out
usb_control_msg failed: error sending control message: Connection timed out
usb_control_msg failed: error sending control message: Connection timed out
usb_control_msg failed: error sending control message: Connection timed out
usb_control_msg failed: error sending control message: Connection timed out
usb_control_msg failed: error sending control message: Connection timed out
usb_control_msg failed: error sending control message: Connection timed out
usb_control_msg failed: error sending control message: Connection timed out
usb_control_msg failed: error sending control message: Connection timed out
usrp: failed to load fpga bitstream /opt/gnuradio/share/usrp/rev4/std_2rxhb_2tx.rbf
Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./usrp_benchmark_usb.py", line 106, in ?
       main ( )
    File "./usro_benchmark_usb.py", line 96, in main
        ok=run_test (rate, verbose)
     File "./usrp_benchmark__usb.py", line 63, in run_test
        usrp_tx=usrp.sink_s(0, tx_interp)
      File "/opt/gnuradio/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/usrp.py", line 230, in __init__
          fpga_filename, firmware_filename)
      File "/opt/gnuradio/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/usrp1.py", line 940, in  sink_s
           return _usrp1.sink_s(*args)
RuntimeError: can't open usrp1

since gnu radio is under the directory opt I have set the USRP_PATH=/opt/gnuradio to be ensure that USRP is searching for the necessary things in the correct place.
Also the TVRX and  RFX2400 daughterboards are also mounted on the motherboard. So does anybody know why I get such errors? Is something wrong with the setting of USRP_PATH or is it something to do with the daughterboards? Should I set also somethings for the daughterboards? I would appreciate any kind of help since I am stucked with this problem.

Thnx

Ahmet