[Discuss-gnuradio] better docs for GRC

From: Josh Blum
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] better docs for GRC
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 15:03:46 -0400

Hey,

I am interesting in creating some kind of auto-generated docs for grc. Currently, each block has a custom description or a description copy/pasted from the html doxygen stuff.

While some custom descriptions are necessary, it would be nice to be able to grab this other information about blocks and block parameters from the doxygen docs.

It seems doxygen can create an xml output file with "all" the information. I would like to take a look at this doxygen-xml output. Do we currently generate it when this: http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/ is made? Available for download? If not, where is the doxygen config file located so I can modify it and generate this output myself?

Assuming this doxygen xml file is what I think it is: GRC could get a hold of it in 2 ways: 1) if a user wants their grc to have docs, they have to --enable-doxygen or 2) the grc setup script could download said xml file from gnuradio.org and install it in a known location.

I prefer #2. Any thoughts on this approach? Alternative ideas?

-Josh