Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] a call for a better wiki

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] a call for a better wiki
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 11:41:10 -0400

George Nychis wrote:

Right, I didn't mean so much that the front page is the major issue, but more that it's a start to branching out to more detailed documentation. Like right now, if I were to write a simple guide on how to do signal anylsis in GNU Radio, what would be the parent wiki page? The front page? Or what if I wanted to document what PHYs are available, what would be the parent wiki? There needs to be something better inviting from the front page, as a start to branching out to more specific documentation.

I'm not sure how we might want this structured, so I figured we might start with the front page. The better the wiki is structured, the more inviting it will be for people to add documentation. Right now, even though I feel I'm pretty familiar with the wiki and GNU Radio, as I think about making a wiki page I honestly have no clue where to actually link it from.

So for example, we have the "Documentation:" heading... what kind of things would we want under that to help document certain aspects of GNU Radio? Like "How to use octave with GNU Radio" ... "Doing signal analysis with GNU Radio"

More of a what do we want there question, and how do we structure it to be inviting to more documentation.

- George