Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] a call for a better wiki

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] a call for a better wiki
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 00:25:43 -0400

Nifty!

Doxygen always surprises me. I have been building a category tree myself for the blocks in grc: http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/grc/branches/grc_reloaded/src/grc_gnuradio/data/block_tree.xml

I will take a few tips from the doxygen groups (since they are a bit more comprehensive). The main difference with the grc list is that the list contains only signal blocks, and only signal blocks that can be used in grc. Also some custom blocks.

Some quirks with using the current doxygen groups:
1) The python based blocks (blks2 and wxgui) seem to be missing.
2) Signal blocks and helper functions (gri stuff) are mixed into the same group. Not that this is bad, but its not the same as having just a list of signal blocks. 3) Some blocks are really specific and only used as a part of a bigger signal block.

To start, we could make a wiki page that listed each major group and liked to the doxygen group page. But a comprehensive list of just signal blocks, that someone would actually use, maybe this would have to be manually compiled.

Thoughts?

-Josh

Guys,
There is currently a category list, and most blocks are currently
assigned to one of the categories in the list.  I'm not attached to
the current list, and some of the blocks are definitely
miscategorized.  Please feel free to propose a revised list and then
reclassify the blocks.

The list of categories is in

  gnuradio-core/doc/other/group_defs.dox

The blocks are assigned to the groups by the

  \ingroup <foo>

markup in their .h doxygen class comment.

The documentation categories are completely orthogonal to the
directory hierarchy, so there's no reason to move stuff around to change
them.

See http://www.doxygen.org for docs.

Eric