[Discuss-gnuradio] Antenna Bias

From: ALeX
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Antenna Bias
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:42:41 +0100

Hi,
I have a DBSRX Rev 2.1, and I must  use an active antenna that work at 5v (max 30mA of power consumption). First of all, I try to short J101 and I have 5V without any load, when I try to use this antenna the output voltage go down at 35mV. I decide to test the voltage output where the load is made by same resistors and I measure 4.1V with a resistor of 100KOhm, 4.0V with 50KOhm, 0.3V with 10KOhm. I repeat all measure with an external bias voltage via J100 and I find the gsame values.
How can I solve the problem?

Best Regards,
 Alessandro.