[Discuss-gnuradio] run time flow graph switching

From: TomasOMaille
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] run time flow graph switching
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 03:49:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I've seen a few threads touching on real time flow graph switching but I
haven't been able to implement a solution to my particular problem.

Setup:
2 USRPs + 4 RFX900 boards + 1 RF Source at 864MHz (European SRD band)

Task:
I want to run three specific programs one after another in real time.

 - First program: USRP A transmits a calibration routine to the USRP B
receiver
 - Second program: USRP B transmits a calibration routine to the USRP A
receiver
 - Third program: Normal operation, the calibrated USRP A and USRP B receive
transmission from the RF
Source

Problem:
The purpose of the calibration routines is to determine the phase difference
between two RFX900 receiver oscillators in each USRP kit.
Currently when I run the three programs I have to disconnect each flow graph
before connecting up the next flow graph.
By tearing down the calibration flow graphs the RFX900 oscillator phases are
reset to a random value and so the phases are unknown during normal
operation.

Solution:
I would like to determine a way of moving from the calibration programs to
normal operation without undoing the receiver frequency tuning.
A run time switch between the all possible sources and sinks would do the
job,
this would mean that all blocks could be instantiated from the start and
would would remain so during calibration and normal operation.

Any ideas/solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Tomas