[Discuss-gnuradio] Compare Phase block

From: Geof Nieboer
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Compare Phase block
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 22:33:41 +0900

All,

New to gnuradio, got it built under CygWin, receiving assorted channels, life is good.

What I want to do to start of is receive a VOR and determine it’s direction.  That’s done by comparing the phase of 2 30 Hz signals which are encoded.  I can demodulate both signals, but I’m not sure how to take the 2 signals and compare the phase of them.  Has someone already built a block that can do that?  I looked but didn’t find one.  I just want to stream both signals in, and get a degree or radian output that tells me the relative phase between the two signals, which will be the radial off the VOR.

If a block hasn’t already been built for relative phase, does anyone know a mathematical solution to compare phase?  I could find the peak value for the sine wave for each signal and compare the time value for each peak, but I’m wondering if there isn’t a better book answer.

Thanks!

Geof