Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] URSP issue

From: Rakesh Peter
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] URSP issue
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 00:34:03 +0530

Hi...

Checkout the page and the links  towards the bottom...esp gr-bluetooth implementation by Dominic Spill.

http://www.willhackforsushi.com/Home/Entries/2007/10/8_Headset_Attack_Demo_At_SANS_NS2007_Las_Vegas.html

Regards,

rakesh

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 7:48 PM, Mauro Marinho <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,
     I'm a Brazilian student trying to graduate on computer engineering. I'm looking for an answer about the only one USRP board my college has.
     My trial is to study the bluetooth tecnology using the USRP and GNURADIO. Altought, I read an article saying the hop frequencies of the most recent bluetooth adapters are not compatible with the USRP daughterboards. It was said that The USRP daughterboards cannot tune to a frequency quickly enough to keep up with the hopping pattern of Bluetooth, which hops to a new frequency every 625us in order to spread the transmissions. The RFX-2400 daughterboard to the USRP takes around 200us to settle to a frequency when a tune command is issued.
    I hope anybody can confirm this USRP limitation. My project depends on it! any suggestion is welcome as well!
My Best Regards,
--
Mauro Cesar de Farias Marinho,
Computer Engineering student of the Institute of Superior Education of Brasilia.