[Discuss-gnuradio] ais-tools-gnuradio problem

From: Jason
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] ais-tools-gnuradio problem
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 14:44:44 -0400

Sorry for the noise, my mailinglist alias was misspelled on this MTA, resulting in some 550 sender verification errors. So, Ruben probably has three copies of this... oops. :-)

Ruben et al,

I'm attempting to get the AIS receiver code from [1] working.  So far,
I've gathered that the python code aisrcv-usrp.py receives the messages
and then aisgearthserver provides a kml file to google earth.  The
problem I'm having is the mysql database is the middle.  I took a stab
at creating it based on the insert queries in the code:

mysql> create table ais (
epoch int,
date TIMESTAMP,
time TIMESTAMP,
mmsi int,
latitude float,
longitude float,
coarse float,
speed float,
type int,
status int,
message VARCHAR(100),
coarse2 float,
name VARCHAR(100),
destination VARCHAR(100),
A int,
B int,
C int,
D int,
length int,
width int,
height int);

I'm pretty sure I have the date and time fields wrong...  Unfortunately,
I'm not receiving any messages to test if the DB is correct.

Any hints?

Also, what antenna did you use?  How far from the transmitters?

thx,

Jason.

[1] - http://funwithelectronics.com/sdr/ais.php