[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP w/ 4-bit I&Q samples

From: Tyrel Newton
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP w/ 4-bit I&Q samples
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 20:06:31 -0700

We have an application where the overall accuracy of the A/D converter is not terribly important but where we need as high a sampling rate as we can get. To this end, we found and intend to use the 8-bit option that allows for 8-bit I and Q signals instead of the normal 16-bit. However, is there a similar option that allows for 4-bit I and Q samples? Or similarly, would it be relatively easy to implement a 4- bits per sample scheme, possibly w/ slight modifications to the USRP firmware? Any feedback and/or advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Tyrel