[Discuss-gnuradio] measuring latency between USB packets in kernel to us

From: George Nychis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] measuring latency between USB packets in kernel to user space
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:54:54 -0400

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has measured the latency between the GNU Radio USB packets from kernel to user space.

A UCLA paper eluded to it being around 200us on their system, noting that it was the minimum latency they measured to get the data from user space to the USB driver for all sampling rates. It's not an exact measurement, but rather an upper bound.

If not, I'll try tossing some timestamps on the data and compare the two.

- George