[Discuss-gnuradio] possible to synchronize two input streams?

From: George Nychis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] possible to synchronize two input streams?
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 10:55:02 -0400

Hi all,

What I need is the output of GNU Radio's FIR filter (gr.fir_filter_ccc) to be synchronized with the raw samples from the USRP into the input of a new block.

Like this, where the input to the new block ensures that input[0][N] is related to input[1][N] ... such that input[M][N] is always valid for both input streams:
http://skrbl.com/72178738

Then, the output streams need to be synchronized also... but I can ensure this in work() as long as my input streams are synchronized.

I re-went through the how to write a block guide, and I'm still a little iffy on whether or not this is possible. Forecast() specifies the relationship between input and output of the streams, but I'm wondering if it can force the block to wait for an equal number of input items on both streams?

I'd greatly appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!
George