Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] m-block timeouts, time passed

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] m-block timeouts, time passed
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:26:19 -0400

David Li wrote:
Hi George,

I browsed through cmac.cc and got a few questions:
1. Can you explain more about "Without m block to gr block connection,
all raw samples are forced thru the MAC layer"?

Ahhh I need to change that comment. That comment is no longer true. The samples hit the PHY first, and the PHY sends the MAC a bit stram.

2. What kind of applications are needed to interface with your MAC code
to do CS configuration and data transfer/receive?

Right now there is nothing to actually connect with the TCP/IP stack. The test applications are GNU Radio applications.

3. What are those PMT related macros? Perhaps it's easier if there
exists documentations explaining the current mblock implementation.

Right... the PMT is a polymorphic type that was implemented in GNU Radio to simplify data passing in the m-blocks. It's not actually in any of the m-block documentation. I think this is documentation that would be extremely beneficial. I will write up some documentation on PMT in the GNU Radio wiki and send out a link tonight or tomorrow.

- George