Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] External card connected to USRP board

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] External card connected to USRP board
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 13:09:12 -0700

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 07:55:47PM +0200, Diana Iosifescu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to develop a user card, to interface with the USRP
> motherboard,
> with a high resolution UHF synthesized local oscillator for a flexible
> narrowband application that can not use any standard card.
> Is this possible?

Sure.  Are you sure you can't hook your UHF board up to a basic tx or
rx at least for prototyping?  What's your gadget's IF?

If you're sure you need a new board, take a look at the schematics for
some of the other daugtherboards. http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/USRP

> Can I program the I2C/SPI chips through GNU radio?

Yes.

> (The on card ROM is not needed.. I suppose).

The ROM id's the card to the system.  You need it.  It costs about $0.50.

> Did someone all ready try this?

People hook up all kinds of stuff to the USRP...

> Thank you,
> Diana

Eric